Sunday, May 25, 2008

I-70 West

It is Friday and we are driving west on I-70.
I am loving the red rock mountains, covered in green brush against a storm blue sky. We are following a river. I am going to have to look at a map because I have no idea what rive we are following. Sometimes I am amazed at my lack of geographical knowledge.
M-Lyons is expressing concern that it is getting dark. She is such a complicated little kid. One minute so confident and seemingly care free but so easy to pop all that bravado. K bear was often like this…
When we passed through White River National Forest we were in quite the hail storm. It was amazing, huge rock walls on either side of the river, a train winding its way through the pass along with us, and thunder and lightning while hail rained down on us. Completely awe inspiring.
On the other side the mountains are so different from the side of Rockies that we are on.. The landscape looks to m like new Mexico.
There are more flat land areas with horses, cattle and farms. A lot more agriculture than on our side. Still plenty of mountain and scruffy low trees and shrubs. Lots of rock… just different…

1 comment:

Teresa KK said...

I love it out west! I can't wait to see all your pics!