Monday, July 21, 2008

Being totally hypocritical as usual but...

I wish I could say I was a hard liner about the allergy thing. If Dragon can't eat peanuts, eggs and beef then nobody does. But Tigers favorite food is peanut butter and Bear needs her meats - she literally seems weaker when she doesn't get them. But I try to do it so that RARELY does everybody except Dragon have one meal with Dragon getting some substitute on the side. Tonight we had regulars show up with cupcakes and immediately announce to Dragon - well they have peanuts in them so you can't eat them but we brought you peaches. UMMM... Dragon is 6 - huge heavily frosted cupcakes with sprinkles verses a peach cup. Why do I not think this is even close the equivalent. And then they add, "we didn't' have time to get you your own special treat." Okay - I just admitted I don't hard line on if Dragon can't have it nobody can have it - but this seems just a little extreme to me...

No comments: