Thursday, September 4, 2008

hmm... I am surprised that I am so impressed

Well friends,
you know I am a bit of a cynic, I don't think that surprises anybody too much. I grew up Republican (military dad and all...) and I remember being in 3rd grade and hearing about presidential elections for the first time. I came home from school and I asked my parents who they were voting for. My dad answered that he didn't talk about it (I found out later they were for Regan) and that too many of their friends got wound up discussing it. So I went back to school and just picked a name in the mock election. I voted for Andrews. When I got home my dad asked me about it and who I voted for; when I told him he laughed and shook his head. Since then I've always found myself more interested in the strategic posturing that goes along with running for office than the office itself. So I find it some what surprising, that after watching the Democrats last week and feeling overwhelmed to be watching history; I am this week overwhelmed again. I haven't watched the Republican convention, I've been really worn out this week and gone to bed early, but I just read Palin's speech at YAHOO. I am really, really impressed. This is going to be a very interesting election and I really look forward to the debates.

No comments: