Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I love rain

really I do
I like listening to the sound,
it is like a blanket
and reminds me of being little and making tents with sheets and hiding and being cozy with my brother and sister

and I like that it makes a wall
and lets me be introverted for a while, and I want a good book and a cup of coffee or a glass of wine and just to read and listen

and I actually like thunder,
maybe because my mother always made popcorn and we watched the lightning like a fireworks display
and I didn't find out until I had children that she was actually terrified
but didn't want us to know

and it is raining
and the girls and I made chocolate chip cookies and now they are taking naps

and I'm am feeling all cozy and somewhat
cat like

purr...

3 comments:

Jenn P. said...

I have to agree with you 100 percent! That is one of the many reasons I miss England. It would usually rain once or twice a day and I loved it!

Meg said...

I'm loving the poetry. Keep it coming!

Mekhismom said...

I really like your poem it is beautiful and so reminiscent of my childhood. Without the cat - I don't do cats.