Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Absolution

Today I really really really just need to quit the Episcopal Church and go back to being Catholic. I need to be able to walk into the confessional and explain to the priest just how truly awful I am so he can give me absolution.

I said horrible, mean things to my 6 year old son this morning that no mother should ever say. ever. Somehow I have to convince this kid when he is 18 that he isn't allowed to get married or have kids until he goes through a good 10 years of therapy and undoes all the crud I put him through.

I need to go say the rosary now, and maybe some Hail Mary's and appeal to Saint Joseph to please, for crying out loud, do his job and protect the household - mostly from the people inside it. I have that right, right? That is St. Joe's job? Who protects innocent kids from their parents? And Dad. You are supposed to be running interference - what - are you drinking beer and watching the angels play the prophets in baseball or something? get back to work!!!

6 comments:

Meg said...

Oh, honey. seending hugs to BOTH of you!

Meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristina P. said...

I am so sorry! I think that all parents say thing to their kids they regret. I'm sure you can make it up to him.

Tabby @ ♥I Choose Bliss♥ said...

hug him so very close and assure him that your love for him is never-ending. I know you can turn this into a positive.

hugs!

The Muse said...

All my love to you...
Just let him know you love him and you are sorry, that will melt it away...trust me, been there...many many years ago. (perfection never achieved)...then, forgive yourself. Because others have.

CailinMarie said...

hey everybody, thanks for all your very sweet, very supportive words. They were much needed.