Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cookies!

Well, all the cookie parties from two weeks ago and I found my 2 year old on the floor with the cookie bin and the dog and a few crumbs. I had a full blown temper tantrum. Stomping my foot and hollering while my "sage" child {I swear she was a tibetan monk in a former life} looks at me with her big black eyes as if to say "there goes mom again. When will she learn to just let it go?"
So we are baking today.
One batch of gingerbread stars on the cooling rack, one batch of toll house cookies being cooked and sugar cookies are next. And then out to the store for pecans - awesome and relatively easy pecan cookie recipe from the cookie party. So good.
AND my package from my brother-in-law arrived. My brother-in-law a Mr. David Johnson. Works at Starbucks. He just sent me a box of Kamodo Dragon. MMM-hmmm... my brother-in-law loves me.
Cookies and coffee!
Yay!
Life is good.

Brown Sugar – Pecan Cookies

1 cup butter softened
½ cup sugar
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup chopped pecans

Brown Sugar Frosting
Pecan Halves (2/3 cup)

Beat butter until creamy
Add sugars and beat well
Add egg and vanilla, beat well
Combine flour, soada and salt; gradually add to butter misture, beating well.
Stir in chopped pecans
Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes
Shape dough into 1 inch balls and bake on ungreased cookies sheets

Bake at 350 for 10- 12 minutes
Cool
Spread 1teaspoon of frosting on each cookie and top with a pecan half

Brown Sugar Frosting

1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup half and half
1 tablespoon of butter
1 ¾ cups powdered sugar

Combine brown sugar and half and half in saucepan. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil; boil 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Gradually add powdered sugar, beating with electric mixer 2 minutes or until frosting is spreading consistency.

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

These sound so delicious, Cailin!

Meg said...

Once I am ready to eat cookies again, I am so making these.

FoxyMoron said...

Me too, might plan a biscuit making day (that's what we call cookies)over the weekend while it's just me and the kids.

Love your blog btw.

Lorie said...

That recipe sounds YUMMY! You will laugh about the cookie incident next year!

Tabby ~ Godzchyld said...

My daughter and I are SO going to make these!

The Muse said...

Had to let you know that my daughter in law utilized this recipe! Thank you SOOOOO much!
DELICIOUS!