Thursday, April 30, 2009

adsense

I am so not a "big league-er" and that is pretty much okay with me... but for the sake of argument/experimentation and "why not" I added adsense to the blog to see what happens.  Last night I wrinkled my nose a bit at the three or four text ads.  The artist within is somewhat offended by the imbalance they create aesthetically but not intolerable.  Today there was a large, moving, add... to the left and right under my post (my post was so cute with the big "pinkalicious" book cover) I was a bit more offended by it.  Oh dear.  Well... we will see how my tolerance goes.  I am interested in giving the whole "adsense" thing a solid try...

so tried to copy the report as of 12:30-ish but it showed up weird.  trying again:
well, it still won't let me do what I want... it is too big and I cannot resize it that I know of anyway. darn - anyway:
page impressions: 8
clicks: 1
earnings:  .84
I laughed out loud, like really, not in a cheesy computer geek speak way but really laughed in and audible real life way.
I did however see a whole article on google ads just a minute ago in Fortune Small Business, so I'll have to recap it for you later on.


Today's Earnings: 0.84

View payment history


 
Page impressionsClicksPage CTRPage eCPM ?Earnings
AdSense for Content8112.50%104.680.84

3 comments:

Renée aka Mekhismom said...

I haven't tried ads like this. When I first started blogging I did google ads but my husband told me to take it down because without traffic it was useless. Maybe I will try it again now.

Meg said...

Okay, I clicked on the Sonicare ad. Now what?

The Muse said...

I say give it a go if it does not compromise me you ethically... and so far I see nothing out of place!

I am going to go click links :)