Tuesday, April 7, 2009

donations

apparently I don't value myself enough

but I think it is weird that people have donation buttons on their blogs. Too what do they want you to donate? To their blogging time? Their random ramblings regarding their day? Seriously?

I have stumbled upon a few blogs that I find valuable, becaues they make me laugh, they connect me to people who I find interesting, they challenge me, or they offer interesting information. Not one of them asks me to donate to them. And on these random blogs that so look like "hey, somebody at some social network marketing lab told me I need a blog so I have one but now what?" have donation buttons. I do not get it.

Have some dignity.
Stop begging unless truly your kids are starving.
Yeah, the market sucks right now. But I just found a part time job, maybe you should too. you know?

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I completely agree! This really rubs me the wrong way. If you want to use your blog to make money, then do ads.

Tabitha in Bliss said...

They really have these? Wow!

FoxyMoron said...

I agree too, I haven't come across any but I tend to read the same bloggers who I can relate to and who I like. It's kind of in bad taste isn't it?