Wednesday, April 29, 2009

pinkalicious!

Pinkalicious, by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann is all the rage at my house.  "Ava" is in the preschool class that I assist in on Wednesdays.  She was trying to tell us about the book a week ago, with her long blond hair in a ponytail at the top of her head and her little black sunglasses pushed up high, and her three year old stuffy nosed (it IS allergy season) self trying to say "pink-a-licous book" with a head nod for emphasis.  We just needed a fluffy white excuse for canine in a hot pink bag and we had a Hollywood moment...  Anyway... Her lovely mother helped us out later and I decided I needed to check out the book for my very own starlets.  Booksamillion.com also recommends "Purplicious" "Fancy Nancy" "If you give a Cat a Cupcake" and "On the Night You Were Born" for readers who like "Pinkalicious."  I knew I'd scored a hit.  How can you go wrong with "Fancy Nancy?"  
For the record my four year old knows this book by heart now, and can find the word "pink" spelled in almost any text, any font.  She's a quick study and we've read this book A LOT in the past few days.  My thanks to Ava.

No comments: