Thursday, May 7, 2009

Meg in the Kitchen

Meg in the Kitchen


Meg {who writes Meg in the Kitchen and Meg on the bus} wrote a post last week entitled "Housemade Croutons and Creamy Goat Cheese Mint Dressing"
It got me all inspired. For some reason I not only needed to make it, I needed to make it NOW! So Sunday afternoon, my almost birthday girl and I went out. We did some birthday shopping for her friend Em and pet food shopping and went to Trader Joe's where bought 3 bags of apples (we eat a LOT of apples) and lots of other stuff to include; baguettes, mini cucumbers, green beans, goat cheese, yogurt and other ingredients...

While K made her cookies as I wrote Monday, M-Lyons helped me with the Creamy Goat Cheese Mint Dressing. I didn't read it all properly as I'm prone to do, so we ate it right away (the croutons were hot and I was hungry) so the olive oil did get to us a bit, but it was yummy. And very good with beans. And the day after very good with black beans and rice and tomatoes. And I am COMPLETELY hooked on housemade croutons. Oh, my, goodness.

Thanks Meg!

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Med posts some great recipes!

FoxyMoron said...

Yes Meg has a way of inspiring you doesn't she?

Cheryl said...

That looks like such a beautiful and healthy meal. It makes me want to make it right now! I'm going to have to check out Meg because that sounds and looks amazing. Glad it turned out so well. Thanks for sharing this and letting me know about Meg's link.
'

Meg said...

Awwwww. I'm famous! That looks great! I love your table!