Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kids, Modeling, and so on

So was it last week? The week before? I took pictures for Outdoor Wednesday of my kids and the dirt pile. M-Lyons saw the camera and did the typical M-Lyons modeling show. I do not know where she gets this from... the poses! Honestly! And I keep thinking, is it totally abusive to send her photos off to an ad agency or a child modeling agency? And where do you even find a child modeling agency? And for that matter Dragon is rather cute himself. He could pay for his own schooling and Tim and I wouldn't have to argue about the cost any more! See- its bad - I'm trying to justify it!!!

In less than five minutes she ran through a gamut of stances and expressions all on her own.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and this one! what on earth has she been watching???
Photobucket

Photobucket

So since she is obviously going to be trouble already...

I don't know. What d'ya think? Are there such things as well balanced child models/actors or do they all turn into Britney Spears?

7 comments:

Becca said...

She is adorable!
We did the acting/modeling thing when Abby was little. Beware; it can be a real MONEY PIT. Send your daughter's picture to some agencies and see what they have to say. You may have to spend some money to have some comp cards & headshots printed.
You will receive invitations to spend your money on classes and on seminars. They will cost several hundred dollars...some even cost thousands. They'll tell you that you need to do it to get your daughter exposed to some of the bigger agents. They'll tell you that your daughter needs the training. They'll tell you Ashton Kutcher & Katie Holmes started out this way. These things can be helpful, but they are VERY EXPENSIVE.
Anyway, that was our experience in a nutshell.

Cascia said...

She is adorable! You could always google child modeling agencies or check out yellow pages.com.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Cellar Door said...

My niece did some modeling with no ill effects. She's ten or so now and not into it at all anymore.

mummyof5monsters said...

haha love the poses!

Melissa said...

She is too cute! And I love those boots..so wish I could get my little one to wear them!

A little piece of 7th heaven said...

She is so adorable...and you should send those pics in....I must confess I sent in LeeLee's and she has an appointment with the talent/modeling agency. They get you the jobs. Not sure if it will go anywhere...but I just figured why not try..As a responsible parent You will make sure it is OK...so send in HER beautiful pics..lol..
Annmarie
Congratz n the graduation

Clueless_Mama said...

She is a little doll! I don't know anything about the modeling agencies, but it looks like she has the poses down! :)

MBC