Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Nick Cave

I've been meaning to pick an "art day" to write about art or artsy things just to get that back into the fore front of my life. This will hopefully become a bit more of a habit.



Nick Cave is a Chicago based artist and the creator of SOUNDSUITS
I came across him in Departures The Culture Issue May/June 2009. I am fascinated by his designs.

there is a collection of wonderful images at Sweet Station

as well as this quote: ” I believe that the familiar must move towards the fantastic. I want to evoke feelings that are unnamed, that aren’t realized except in dreams.” - Nick Cave

from Departures: The artist has a much-talked-about show at Jack Shainman Gallery in New York, and he was a standout in the acclaimed "30 Americans" show of works by black artists recently at the Rubell Family Collection in Miami. Now the largest-ever exhibition of Cave's Soundsuits is at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Franciso through July 5.

3 comments:

A little piece of 7th heaven said...

I just wanted to stop in and say "welcome" as a follower.
I will be popping in to see what new and cool things you are up to as well...which I bet is a lot..because I see you have 5 kiddies as well...they sure do keep you hopping.
Annmarie

Kristina P. said...

Wow, what an interesting concept!

Annette Piper said...

And I thought Nick Cave was a musician? Must be another one!! Love the colour in this - thought it was jewellery to start with before I scrolled down and saw the lot!