Friday, July 3, 2009

Happy 4th

It is the 4th of July!
We will have homemade waffles with vanilla ice cream and strawberries (fresh even) and blueberries for breakfast! (I know you are jealous!) and then off to the parade. My three oldest will be with their swim team on their bikes... the two younger ones will watch with myself and my mother. And then to the "pavilion" for field games and when we are finally too darn hot we'll head home.

I intend to make Beans take a nap. She is still not fully herself after getting worn out. The herbalist told her to chill for a week, her adrenales are shot. Beans doesn't chill but she is trying...

after naps we are to mom's for BBQ. I'm making cherry pie (Dad's favorite and I always have it on the 4th) and mom's cheesecake recipe as she doesn't care for cherry pie.

I shall hopefully post some festive photos...

in the meantime:
it is my daddy's birthday. He would have been 58 this year.
Ross E Mulhare
and check out:
F-117A loss of #792
The X Hunters
The X Hunters took me to the crash site with my husband in 2006. I wanted to replace the flag before the 20th anniversary of the crash. I had gone googling one night and come upon their hunt and the page "the lonely monument" something about that wording sent me to bed in tears. I woke up resolved to get that flag replaced. Peter Merlin took us. I'll probably write more about that to post on the 11th.

Me and my Daddy, 1983.

1983

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Aww that pic of you and your daddy is just priceless. Looks like you were his pride & joy! :)

I'm totally jealous of the homemade waffles! Maybe we could have pancakes (I mean those aren't too hard to screw up, even for me!) with fresh strawberries & blueberries.

And the cheesecake - mmmmm, my fave! Have a great 4th!

Cellar Door said...

I love that picture! So much joy in it.

Terry said...

Howdy Calin Marie
Awwwwwwwww love the sweet photo of you and your Dad.
Yummy waffles :)
A parade ,that is so cool.
Blessings to you and all yours on this 4th of July weekend .
May your time be filled with many happy moments that will fill a scrapbook to over flowing or at least a full page for all your blogging fans to enjoy :)
Thanks for sharing the darling photo of you and your Dad.
Happy Trails
Hugs

Meg said...

I love that picture of you and your dad. (Is it wrong for me to tell you your dad was kind of hot?)

CailinMarie said...

haha Meg - I think I'm gonna do a post with pictures of my dad, uncles, and cousins - people will see why it was so hard to impress me in high school in college

Annette Piper said...

Love that pic. I'm so sorry that you lost him though - very sad.

BarbaraB said...



I knew your Dad. He was an incredible guy even back when I was in High School. I just recently found out that he was a hero too. Incredibly sorry for your loss. You would have made him proud.
River Edge was a strange and wonderful place growing up and Rem was a super wonderful kid.