Sunday, July 5, 2009

So Seriously... I need an at home job

Tim said no to sending Dragon back to PCS. I'm devastated. Tim isn't getting why this is so important and he says "more importantly we can't afford it." YES WE CAN I want to just SCREAM. But I was in at the Naturopaths last week - because the eye doctor said "macular degeneration" as in my 37 year old eyes think they are 60 or some such crap - and my lymph nodes have been getting cysts (nothing to worry about, little ones and the gyn has seen them and doesn't care) - and I'm all stiff in the AM and refusing to think about it because fibromyalgia is associated with psoriasis and my aunt and my sister (she's 25!) are diagnosed with it and if I just ignore it I won't have to manage it...

so I go see the Naturopath who says... you want this and this and this for various things and then stops and says.. "I can't go on. You need to talk about something." I do? Know I have to get something off my chest? "yes" fabulous. So the biggest weight on my mind is Dragon and school. And the ND looks at me and says, " you need someone to remind you that there is only one head in the family." ***ARGH!*** BUT HE IS WRONG! and this is my son we are talking about. Doesn't matter. State your case and let it go.... (and that is a whole nother serious of posts because it is killing me but anyway)

Tim says WE CANNOT AFFORD PCS. So I am going to go over this week and ask for the financial aid form and hope that they understand that even though I would put the house on the market and downsize, it is financial suicide to do so until the housing market starts to turn. Right now we would loose money and we cannot loose on the house and afford private school tuition. We cannot. A way better plan would be for me to get a job. But again there are qualifications, I cannot afford private school and day care - so I need a job that I can do late at night or early in the morning on the computer. I have a friend who does Data entry and gets about $26000 a year. That would be more than enough. Sadly there is a long list of people waiting for her job.

So if you know anybody who is looking for someone who can do data entry, or write (I'm a fairly good writer if I know what I"m talking about) or whatever(!) please let me know! NO MLMs. I do Arbonne because I love the products; but I am very gentle in my approach and sharing so it is a slow build. I am absolutely sure that in time I will create a strong company, but that is work that has to be done during the day and I will not pressure people.

4 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I've done mystery shopping in the past, and it was pretty lucrative. But, I didn't have kids, and some of them won't allow you to take children. And it can be a lot of work.

Melissa said...

Good luck finding an at-home job (I mean that with all sincerity). Our oldest daughter really needs private schooling, but even with financial assistance, we just can't afford it. I hope you can find some way for your kiddo to go!

English Steve said...

OMG, my heart screams for you. Surprised you didn't punch the Dr who would tell you that there is one head of the house. I totally commend you for finding a way to pay for the tuition. But please remember, your kids have way more than school, they are the luckiest kids I know (except for mine) they have each other and amazing parents. Stop beating yourself up, you're doing a great job.

Whitney said...

Check out Demand Studios. You can write articles for them--they pay between $5 and $15 per article (and you can choose the articles). Start haunting the writers job boards. There is work out there that you can do from home. Good luck!

Commenting via MBC.