Wednesday, October 28, 2009

H1N1 - Oh Joy!

We kept Dragon home from school Monday. He stayed with his dad and I went and worked at my preschool class. Tuesday I took him to the MD. He tested positive for both H1N1 and for Strep. Double whammy!!! So I called school and said he'd be out for the week per doctor's orders.
We stopped by the pharmacy on the way home and 30 minutes later I got a phone call. The abuterol and amoxicillian went through insurance just fine but there is an issue with the tamiflu. WHAT? The pharmacist is clearly frustrated - they need a two day approval process for the tamiflu but by then it will not do him any good. What do I want her to do? Make it up. "It will run you about $150.00" she says just to make sure I'm clear. Yikes.
I call the insurance. Apparently the doctor needs to call and verify the prescription. Seriously? It isn't like I stole a pad and wrote it myself. But I'm a bit irritated. I mean - have you been in a pediatrician's office this fall? They are swamped. SWAMPED. They do not have time to waste arguing with insurance. But- this is a highly contagious virus right? I cannot really afford not to get this straightened out. And besides, the principal of the thing is, it is insurance and it is supposed to cover prescription drugs. Period. So I call the doctor's office and I get Anne on the phone. I love Anne. I tell Anne my issue and she calls insurance to figure out what their deal is... and then I mention the bottle is going to cost me $150.00 and Anne gets hot. HOT. You can tell she is hollering at who ever is on the other end. Anne gets the doctor and the doctor, the insurance and the pharmacist have a 3 way call going. I end up just buying the darn bottle because by now it has taken hours and my understanding is that we need the Tamiflu to get into his system as soon as possible. INSANE!
It boils down to this. This area is out of liquid tamiflu. So the pharmacists are mixing up solution out of tablets. To do this they end up making an extra teaspoon of the tamiflu. Insurance doesn't want to cover the extra teaspoon. In the meantime they have wasted how much of my day? How much of the staff at the doctors office's day? How much of the pharmacists day?
So we will see. If I have to take another kid to the doctor this week with flu like symptoms I will be making sure the doctor calls the over ride number before I leave the office. But still, that is 15 minutes they could be spending with a patient.
But if you google it you can buy the bottle from Canada for $75.00. Ridiculous!

7 comments:

Deb Thaxton said...

-->That is just insane. I hate dealing with insurance companies for this very reason.

I hope your little one feels better soon.

www.WebSavyMom.com

Amo said...

That is just craziness. Health care in this country makes me angry. Insurance companies make me insane. I hope your child is well very soon and that none of you catch it! Stay well and take care!

Cellar Door said...

What a load of u-know-what! I hope he's better soon, though. That sounds horrible.

Melissa said...

Ughhhhhhhh, don't you just love insurance companies?!? In the midst of something like this, you'd think they'd have a little more care, concern, or compassion. Apparently not. Hope Dragon feels better soon! :)

Shraddha@theselfloveproject said...

i hate insurnce companies...

we have had our share of trouble when our girls were born 7 weeks early..

Debbie said...

Insanity. I tell you, we have a horrible system with medications and insurance companies.

Sophia's Mom said...

H1N1 seems to have hit everyone lately!

I hope your little guy feels better soon...

http://www.thewannabewahm.com