Monday, February 22, 2010

Date with my Daughter- The Lightning Thief



from: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/percy-jackson-and-the-olympians-the/32797/video/percy-jackson-and-the-lightning-thief/55084193001

Saturday the 13th I guess it was, I took Beans and her friend, to see The Lightning Thief.
Way Cool Movie!
I love that our hero is dyslexic!
I love that it is about the classical myths. My daughter, in 6th grade now, has not spent much time in school on the classic myths, something I learned in 3rd grade via the Calvert School. She is taking "Latin for Word Power" right now and they will dabble a bit with the myths and the Roman names of the gods and goddesses. I think this wet her appetite. She really liked the movie a lot. She is also a fan of things with dragons, magic, and the Chronicles of Narnia so this was right up her ally. I am now interested in getting my hands on these books to see what they are all about.

1 comment:

Laura@Cowboy Boots said...

OMG I LOVE LOVE LOVED THESE BOOKS. my oldest read them and loved them and he wanted me to join him on discussing them. i've got no problem reading what my kids are....so i thought my 2nd child would love them too...and he did! when the movie came out i pulled the 2 boys out of school early for a special treat during the week. we had the best day! what a great movie too! can't wait for the next one.
i loved your title of your blog! you've got a new follower!