Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ten9eight


In my most recent copy of the Alumni Quarterly Magazine sent out by my alma mater, there is a section for media, printed and otherwise, that is either produced by staff, professors or alumni or has to do with the school.

This caught my eye. Ten9Eight is directed by Mary Mazzio. I am excited about this documentary of high school aged children who become entrepreneurs despite the odds. I hope it comes to my town.


If you are interested; there is a facebook page as well: ten9eightfacebook

I couldn't find a 'shareable' trailer, but please stop by the homepage and check it out. I think this is truly worth a look.
Posted using ShareThis

"Get Schooled" said: Among the host of education reform documentaries that have been coming out recently, Ten9Eight is not one to be missed.

Ten9Eight, directed by filmmaker Mary Mazzio, highlights the stories of a diverse group of inner-city teens across the nation as they compete in an annual business plan competition held by the Network for Teaching Entrepreneurship (NFTE). The idea for the film was borne out of the shocking statistic, “In America, a kid drops out of high school every 9 seconds.” Ten9Eight explores how things could be if they didn’t.


here,
I found a youtube video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUPuVVOnScM
or this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaA9IU6Pev8
unfortunately the embed codes have been disabled by request. :-( but it is worth checking it out.


re-editted Mary Mazzio (as noted in the comments) found this post and shared a different youtube listing with an 'share' code:

4 comments:

Debbie said...

That sounds very interesting! Thanks for the links.

The Muse said...

Hmmm intriguing...i will venture a peek into this!

marymazzio said...

Thanks for the comments about TEN9EIGHT, my friend. I think the trailer can be shared from its link on YOUTUBE? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hbit4utq4mE

All the best - Mary Mazzio

CailinMarie said...

thank you to Mary for the link to the trailer