Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Kitchen Inspirations


We receive random magazines from American Express - my husband and his business use American Express for everything - One of the publications they sometimes send our way is "Food & Wine" and I'm always happy when it shows up.

This March 2010 edition boasts "40 healthy recipes from the world's best cooks"intriguing no? And inside they were featuring Sophie Dahl (and others). Sophie Dahl has a cookbook about to come out, Miss Dahl's Voluptuous Delights, and several of her recipes were in the magazine; I tried the "Warm Winter-Vegetable Salad" which includes red onion, sweet potato, carrot, and beets all roasted together- YUM! and pretty too! And I tried "Sea Bass with Tomato and Black Olive Salsa" only I didn't have Sea Bass so I made it with Cod. Excellent! I also made, and liked, her lentils recipe. She uses French ones "as they hold their shape better." I'll be looking for this cookbook - and I think I'm buying a copy for my mother. Really good-

8 comments:

Mónica said...

Have a nice days in your kitchen, Cailin. Hugs and kind regards

Too Many Hats said...

I made my first lentil dish this week and really liked it. I'll have to look for that cookbook and see what she has to offer.

Cellar Door said...

That sounds super yummy- the salad with sweet potatoes!

Allison said...

Thanks for the new cookbook recommendation! I am always looking for new ones since we always have the same stuff! LOL I also have 5 kids. My oldest is 9 and my youngest is 9 months. I am a new follower from MBC Calling All Commenters. Check out my blogs when you get a chance. Thanks!
~Allison
http://the-winfields-7.blogspot.com
http://luv-books.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you will be having some fun in your kitchen and some great meals with your family. I'm going to have to check those out, it sounds so good!
Thanks for the recommendations and the informations. I'm hungry right now.
XXXXX

Mommies-Miracles said...

Sounds super good, I might have to look for the book as well. I always love a new recipe to try!

FoxyMoron said...

I bought some French lentils and now I can't remember why. Must google Sophie and see if I can find her recipe. Do your kids eat lentils?

CailinMarie said...

yes, the kids DO eat lentils and rather like them!