Saturday, April 3, 2010

Just call me Grace

You ever feel like your life could beat any reality t.v. show out there? I was trying so hard not to laugh this morning because we could've been in a movie or something.
We are on a ski vacation. Woo-Hoo! We weren't meant to have one this year but the husband's company sold some serious hardware in January and he gives himself the AmEx points to make up for his reduced salary. Sooo... his travel points plus his AmEx points and here we are. For example, our rental car for 13 days, after AmEx points, costs $70.00. The plane tickets and the lift tickets are all on points. We are paying for our accomodations but heck, you can't have everything!
Anyway - Tim and I usually begin our day at 5 AM. That would be 3 AM in this time zone. So he was up by 5 AM here. He was awake and throwing ingredients for "Ed's Chili" in the crock pot and then making lunches and packing them (each kid wears their own camel pack while skiing) and then Bitsy was up because she was hungry so I made pancakes and by 7 AM every one was awake. Goodness! And then gearing up and finding everything and Tim so anxious to get out there and ski that he is fussing at everybody.
And once we had our passes and were in line for the gondola, no one could keep their skis together. So my expert skier kids are in line with their skis sliding into xs and they are dropping their poles and we generally look like a bunch of idiots. A bunch of idiots with racing skis and racing bindings and Lange racing boots with so many buckles it looks like braces for your feet. I kept thinking of that baseball movie from when I was a kid, something bears? Bad news something? That is what we looked like!
But finally, finally we made it to the top and we had several glorious runs. It snowed all day and the fresh layer felt wonderful.
And then in for lunch, I needed to be on video! Tim told me that my sandwich had no dressing, no mayo, or mustard or anything and to go to the ketchup bar and fix it up. (We were inside one of the lodges, which are very bag lunch friendly) so I opened up my sandwich and went to pump a bit of mustard onto it. A stream of bright yellow most likely French's mustard shot out, arched right over my sand which and splattered on my white, yes WHITE ski pants. I'm talking a yellow streak from just below my waist band to mid thigh on my left leg. I looked like I'd just had a run in with a very excited St. Bernard. Oh dear! So I wiped it off as best I could and I'm still waiting to see how it comes out in the wash! I may have to splatter paint the entire pants with mustard and try to make it look like it was done on purpose if I can't get it to wash out.
I still can't quite believe it.

Tomorrow is Easter. I wish you all a very happy Easter filled with light, love and blessings.

3 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

Well you're brave wearing anything white when you have kids! But then it wasn't them you needed protection from! Sorry, I'm giggling at the mental picture of you splattering yourself with mustard.
Glad you're having fun on your vacation.

Peter said...

Can you give me FoxyMoron's homepage URL please, she has commented at my site several times even inviting me to visit... BUT, there is no link from her profile.

theUngourmet said...

I'm always doing things like this! Try soaking them in Oxy Clean. I've had pretty good luck with it. Hope you had a nice Easter as well.