Wednesday, April 7, 2010

mmm... lots and lots of snow

YAY SNOW! Yes it is April and in the Northern Hemisphere people are looking towards spring, warm weather, daffodils, flowering trees and what not. I hear in my home town it was 90 degrees Fahrenheit this weekend. And here I am, taking a plane to get to snow. Oh and how! Here in the Colorado Rockies they've had a record month of April so far.

We skied Keystone Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. Today was supposed to be our day off, but a storm came through Tuesday and Vail received 32 inches of snow in the last 48 hours. HEAVEN! So we pushed our legs and skied today as well- Vail's Blue Sky Basin. Gorgeous. K-Bear and Tiger went with myself & Tim, Dragon, M-Lyons and Bitsy stayed with Grandma at the condo. I could feel dad smiling at us. He loved to ski. We skied trees, lots of powdery stuff, steep lines, Tiger's ski style is perfect for powdery conditions and he did fine. K-Bear is a racer and used to flat, icy slopes, this pushed her a bit but she got the hang of it. I felt like I was all over the place, but Tim videoed a bit and I don't look half bad! By 2 PM though my legs were shot and I had to sit out a run. We made it back to the front side of Vail and Tiger wanted to ski the "Magic Forest" even though we'd been skiing trees all day in the Basin.

Crazy fun day.

1 comment:

FoxyMoron said...

What fun!! Obviously we want photos. Even as we head into Winter I just can't imagine snow at all.