Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday - dreaming of beach weather

It has been a while since I've joined A Southern Daydreamer for her Outdoor Wednesday fun, but I've got the waterfront on my mind and it seemed perfect. I love the sand in the spring and the fall, the way the light falls and the shadows that are created before the sun gets too hot and direct as it does in the summer.


April 18th we had our Mad Hatter's Tea Party at the Watermen's Museum in Yorktown. They rent the Carriage House for receptions and graciously offered the venue to us for our fundraiser. Afterwards there was much running around the waterfront at the York River while the mums cleaned up.
There are some things about living in Virginia that really are fun!

14 comments:

kim said...

Love the beach, too!!

Atticmag said...

Looks like fun. Those sweet little dresses look so cute for staying cool on the beach!
Jane T.

Ms. Bake-it said...

The beach is always on my mind! Looks like the kids were having fun!

~ Tracy

FoxyMoron said...

Great photos and what a lovely beach!

Carri said...

I love the beach, moving to Florida has made me love it more, the beaches here are gorgeous especially conpared to the NY garbage we came from. Your pictures are beautiful as you have wonderful litle subjects. Glad your event went well.

Mónica said...

Beautiful photos, i love the beach and this landscapes in spring and fall. Enjoy these days.
Hugs

LV said...

Nothing nicer than walking along a water front or beach barefoot in the warm sand.

Daniela said...

What a wonderful day, i love the beach, wish i lived nearby one. The photos are beautiful.

Carrie said...

Oh, that looks just lovely. I love walking on the beach and soaking up the sun.

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

I love the beach also. Thanks for stopping by today. I glad you liked the iris. Have a good day...Julian

Melissa said...

I ♥ Virginia! I mean, the little bit I've seen of it. hehe We recently visited there while on vacation, and we loved it. I even asked hubs if we could move there, but the kids threw fits. Oh well, maybe when the last one goes off to college! lol Looks like you had a great time at the Mad Hatter tea party AND at the beach!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love the beach and the sound of the waves.
Your children look so happy running in the sand!

Johnny Nutcase said...

sounds like a fun day!

EG Wow said...

The photos are wonderful. I think most of us are looking forward to warm weather and some fun in the sun. :)