Saturday, May 22, 2010

Its Pink alright..

well, last week I was thinking ahead.  I photographed some pink treasures, sort of a walk through childhood so to speak, but I have to be honest.

We adore nostalgia, romance and fairy tales and all around here,
but our pink this week has been of another sort...


yes, it is allergy season and how.  Everybody is a sneezing, wheezing, coughing mess this year.  So it has been a week of pink, pink benadryl, pink tylenol, pink ice pops (not too bad really) and pink books on the couch.

In the spirit of pink saturday hosted by Beverly

We'd like to offer these recommendations for the young pink lovers in your life:

Fancy Nancy by Jane O'Connor
we were introduced to Fancy Nancy through good friends.  Nancy is fabulous!  She adores accessories and all things French.  Illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser, the illustrations are so much fun.

Pinkalicious by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann
last year "Pinkalicious" was the favorite book of one of the kids in my preschool class.  She brought it in for us to read and I liked it so much I bought my own copy to take home.  My girls and even my boys, love this book.  The illustrations are fun and the story is silly.

This book came to us as a birthday present from our dear friend Sydney.  Also illustrated by Robin Preiss Glasser and I love the queen!
  

and did you know?  Angelina Ballerina has her very own Wikipedia page!  Oh la la!
and her own PBS page! Angelina Ballerina on pbs.org

So if you are feeling sniffly, we recommend a nice cup of peppermint tea, a dose of benadryl, a pink blanky and a good book!

15 comments:

CosmopolitanCherry said...

Guten Morgen, almost Guten Tag (1pm here) :D

I love your pink pics. So cute. But do u really have pink medicine in the States? I want them too. I hope they taste as good as they look like. :)

Bis dann ( see you)

Svenja

Simple Southern Happiness said...

Oh mercy, hope you are all on the mend soon. Crazy allergie season.
Happy Pink Saturday

Robin Preiss Glasser said...

Delighted you like Fancy Nancy as much as I love drawing her.

Best wishes,
Robin Preiss Glasser

nannykim said...

Oh sorry your kids are going through all of that!!! But what a joy to have some delightful pink books!!

Erin said...

Yikes! But on a more healthy note =o) we LOVE those books as well.

www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

Cheryl said...

I hope you all start feeling better, this allergy season has been the worse!!! I (we) feel your pain. The weather has been so crazy and for us, that is what does it.

I love all the pink books, they bring back such wonderful memories of when my girls were little. We loved all kind of books and some of those were my favorites. Hat's off to Robin Preiss Glasser, what talent.

Enjoy your Pink Saturday!
XXXXXXX

Gracie Jewellery said...

You know, I hated being called "Fancy Nancy" when I was little. Now I have to find me a copy of that book. Happy Pink Saturday!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm so sorry folks have been on the sick side at your house! I hope all of you are better soon.

Thanks for the book recommendations. I will have to remember this for my goddaughter. PINKALICIOUS is one I haven't heard of that sounds like it could be right up her alley!

Happy Pink Saturday!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Pat said...

gesundheit!

Sarah said...

So sorry you're sick...but that's a really creative post! :) I love Angelina Ballerina...our 10 year old was so into her when she was about 5. I guess it's time to introduce our 3 year old daughter to her!

Have a great weekend and I hope you get feeling lots better soon!

Sarah

Melissa said...

Ughhhhh, allergies! I'm sitting here holding back sneezes as I'm reading your post. Hope it gets better! I love all your pink book selections - Fancy Nancy is so cute!

FoxyMoron said...

I miss having little kids' books about the place. But my big kids still like me to read to them sometimes. I normally choose Roald Dahl.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh,yes! I am sneezing my head off, stuffy and my eyes are itchy. I hate allergy season! Thanks for stopping by our PS. Have a nice week! Twyla

Miss Janice said...

Goodness gracious, I totally love Fancy Nancy! I've used the theme at an etiquette class for little girls in the past. I wanted to tell you that you should look for any book by Letitia Baldrige...all her books are the best and are my go-to books for reference in etiquette matters.

Mónica said...

Good morning, Cailin! what a joy to have some delightful pink books. i like all :) Hugs for you an family.