Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Morning, coffee and a book

While visiting my grandparents I scooped up "Chasing Harry Winston" by Lauren Weisberger off the coffee table. Lauren Weisberger wrote "The Devil Wears Prada" which I don't think I read but I adored the movie. She has also written "Everyone worth Knowing" which I like just because of the title. Anyway, "Chasing Harry Winston" was likely left by one of my rather fashionable college aged cousins or one of my Aunties. The book was described by The Baltiore Sun as "The quintessential beach read," and I completely agree. It was a perfect airplane read, and kept me entertained through delayed flight due to thunder and sitting on the ground waiting to disembark at the destination.

I love summer reading, somehow reading wonderful chic books just goes well with sunshine. I enjoyed the characters although I didn't find myself getting terribly wrapped up in them. But I cheered as Emmy, wrapped in cashmere kicked the jerk out, and was happy for Leigh when it worked out well in the end. I adored Adriana, the spoiled, rich, Brazilian.

Its a good book, perfect for the pool or the beach and not so engrossing or heady that you'll forget to look up everynow and then to make sure your precious children haven't drowned or wandered off.

2 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

I only recently watched "The Devil Wears Prada" on telly and was surprised at what a good movie it was after all the hype. Books sound good, might see if I can find one of them.

Medeia Sharif said...

I know what you mean about chick-lit books during the summer. I only read The Devil Wears Prada, and Chasing Harry Winston sounds like something I'd like.