Friday, May 14, 2010

My First Pink Saturday - ooh la-la!


It is May and it is a glorious time for PINK! I noticed I tended towards pink in May starting in college - I went to a Northern Women's College - very serious about academics - and lost my sense of style up there somehow. Partly I think I spent all my money on art supplies and partly because I spent all my time either running or painting - so I lived in runners or jeans and a flannel shirt, and it was cold all the time - but still. And then suddenly it would be April and May and I would need pink. I even did a collage in Alexis Kuhr's Mixed Media class that included pink much to the dismay of fellow students!
At any rate- We've had my oldest daughter turning 12, and the table decked out in pink, and Mother's Day which brought about more pink, and I have two additional daughters and so there is so much lovely spring pink -
Let us begin with the rose bush. I have one rose bush outside in a wonderful Tuscan styled pot and it is just full of life and scented flowers this year! YAY!


and in honor of my oldest's birthday I sewed a pretty skirt- I have all sorts of bits of fabric downstairs waiting for me to pay it some attention.  This I bought for the same daughter years and years ago - and the 5 year old saw it and I agreed to make them matching skirts.  I lined it with some nice white cotton I had and then there was this white/silver sort of shiny stuff, and I thought it would make a nice edge to modernize it just a bit.  And I tried my hand at one of those fabric florets all over the clothes this season - I need a bit of practise but it wasn't too bad- and she was thrilled with her present.  She appreciates it when someone takes the time to create something for her and wore it to school immediately.

Her birthday was last week.  Today I was running around town and decided to stop into our favorite children's consignment shop "Sugar and Spice" and see if I could find a pretty top for her to pair with the skirt.  I found a darling spring sweater, and two pairs of shorts long enough for her to wear them to school, and a long sleeved but breezy top for over her strappy blouses and (this is the best part) I had over $100.00 on account from the items I had consigned from before Easter.  So I got all those plus 2 dresses each for the little girls and a pair of shorts for Dragon without spending a dime.  YES!
the little girls decided it would be fun to model their new dresses for you...
This one has smocked bunnies on it and was 1/2 off!  So charming!
and here are my three younger ones, Bitsy in the middle modeling her new dress and Dragon with his new shorts...
Happy Pink Saturday - and thanks for stopping by!  Head on over to Bev's blog, and visit Pink Saturday

29 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Love Pink Saturday! Their dresses are very cute.

Melissa said...

Pretty roses...and dresses! And Dragon's shorts are very cool too. :)

anna @ frosted petunias said...

Happy Pink Saturday! The dreses are almost as adorable as the little models! Love your banner too!

Linda said...

Welcome to Pink Saturday. Your roses are so pretty. Free clothes is always a good thing.

Christi Williams said...

Happy Pink Saturday! Cute dresses!

Natasha said...

Your little models look very happy with their new threads! How beautiful.

Happy Pink Saturday and best wishes for a beautiful weekend,
Natasha.

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

What a lovely Pink Saturday post!!

Those dresses are too cute!!

Debbie

Cheryl said...

Loving Pink Saturday, what adorable outfits (and models). I love pink and miss the days when I could get my girls to wear them. It is just such a happy color. My new flowers that I planted are pink and when I look at them, I just smile.

What a happy post. Thank you for the smile.
XXXXX
Cheryl

Say It With Roses said...

Happy Pink Saturday....beautiful roses and darling little girls in the thery dresses and hats!
Jil

Valrie said...

Welcome to PS! Please come over for a visit and see what is pinkalicious Your family is lovely and my what a busy house you must have!

Valrie
http://poemsmyway-valrie.blogspot.com!

Tami said...

Happy Pink Saturday...cute little dresses and hats! have a great weekend..xo Tami

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Well a happy pinksaturday to YOU! Cute clothes!

Ann said...

Welcome to pink saturday, we always need more pinkie ladies. Love the little skirt so cute.
Ann

Shabbychicdiva said...

Welcome! Very pretty pinks! Happy Pink Saturday. Have a wonderful weekend. Winona

Terie said...

I absolutely love your header.. so creative! OK those pink pictures of the little girl in the bonnet or spring hat are so adorable, I could see those in black and white with only the pink highlighted. Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog the other day. Glad you enjoyed the picture of the iguana!!

Have a great weekend.

A Cottage Muse said...

How adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing those photos!! Happy Pink Saturday ~ it was my first too!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Great pinks and a great shopping trip! I love the skirt you made! I am now following you so I can see more pinks!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Riet said...

What a lovely pink post.
Happy pink saturday

CC said...

Hi and welcome to Pink Saturday. The clothes are adorable and so are the sweet little models. Happy Pinks..

Martha said...

Happy Pink Saturday and thanks for sharing the adorableness of your 3 lovely daughters. Beautiful skirt, you are so talented.

Sherry from Alabama said...

What a beautiful post for your first Pink Saturday! Welcome!

Sherry @ A Happy Valentine

Pat said...

I love the skirts!

Julie said...

Very cute dresses!! Welcome to Pink Saturday.

Gracie Jewellery said...

Love pink dresses! Happy Pink Saturday

Olivia~ said...

Happy Pink Saturday! The dresses are darling!
Please stop by and say hi!
Hugs,
Olivia

FLOWERSHOPGURL said...

Hi CailinMarie, Love your Pink Saturday post, I have two grown daughters and one is a pink lover still, the other, not so much. Enjoy them while they are little, you are truly blessed!
Thank you for visiting and leaving your kind comment on my “Favorite Things Friday”. I made the Pink Floral arrangement for my guest bedroom. I love playing with flowers and seeing what designs I can come up.
Hugz,
Kim

She'sSewPretty said...

Happy Pink Saturday!! The skirt you made is so cute and so are your children all dressed up!!

Debbie said...

So sweet! I do not get to see pink often, in fact only on me:) When we first got our dog Lucy I dressed her in pink, then my husband put an end to it, he refused to walk a dog in a pink tutu...imagine that? LOL! Thanks for stopping by and following, I am glad you did, lead me to your blog.

LDH said...

Well, those are very cute little ones modeling their new threads! Love the big Pink floppy hat. Sweet visiting with you this morning.
Kindly, ldh