Monday, June 28, 2010

Monday Morning, coffee and a book - The Girl Who Played with Fire

So I just finished this!  And Wow!  I even missed kick off of the USA vs Ghana soccer game which is actually serious business at my house - very serious business -
I love these books by Stieg Larsson.  I am sad to know that he has died because I of course am selfish enough to wish he'd write us more.

They are violent books.  They are books with violence against women.  And I think anyone who is sensitive to that should know that before picking on up.  One of my friends was particularly disturbed by the violence in the first book and stated that she 'needed a break' before she read any of the others.  I sometimes wonder if my lack of senstivity is a bad thing -

Anyway.  Why did I love it?  Not because of the violence certainly.  I loved that it was so brilliantly thought out.  The characters are deep.  The plot is not predictable though, for the record I did call "Zala's" personal connection to Lisbeth but I was completely unexpecting several other more serious and more interesting connections.  The web is intricately woven.

And so here I am.  With "The Glass Castle" and "The Elegance of the Hedgehog" sitting on my desk and I really, really want to get my hands on "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest"

I highly recommend Stieg Larsson!

And of course when I link to Amazon they happily provide suggestions.  I'm going to have to read this too... 

No comments: