Friday, June 18, 2010

Pink Saturday - Catching up

Wow! What a week it has been!  The last week of school for K-Bear, Tiger and Dragon.  M-Lyons had a fabulous play date on Monday and I spent most of the week glued to ESPN hollering at footballers-
And can you believe it?  Greece & South Korea are battling for number 2 in their group and England and the United States are as well.  What?  We are of course cheering for USA and South Korea.  North Korea played an amazing game against Brazil.  I hope they do well-

Tuesday night I ran out to meet my friend M at the Kimball Theater in Williamsburg to see the Swedish Movie The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  Sadly it was sold out, so we went to the Fat Canary instead for a glass of wine.  I had a Spanish Rioja which was lovely as was the conversation.

Wednesday was a playdate at the park.

Thursday I took the younger two to the library to begin our summer project (family project re: revolutionary war) and attempted to get some laundry done.

Friday my friend Susan came over with her three kids.  The kids played well and Susan and I talked about her role as Martha Washington for the Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.  Fascinating.  And Nana came to have rootbeer floats with the kids for their last day of school.

And now it is time for Pink Saturday again!
Whew!


I was out and about last week at the Williamsburg Antique Mall while M watched my kids. I was looking for white dishes with gold trim to use for our Cocktail Party last Saturday (catered by Florimontes - fabulous!) And saw these ones with the pink rose border. They reminded me of dishes my mom had. I thought they were "Baba's" (my great grandmother Fitzgerald) but I showed the photo to mom today and she said they were Nana Eitelbach's. Cool. Either way they evoke feelings of home, hearth and happiness and I may just go back and buy them. Mom was going to check hers at home and see if they had any markings that would help me know if these are the same or just similiar.

Pink Saturday is hosted weekly by Beverly at How Sweet the Sound please stop in for a visit.

Beverly also features participating bloggers, so stop by and see who she is featuring this week.

And I would like to encourage you to stop by Dog Mom Diva. I am new to her blog but she hooked me with her last Pink Saturday post- all about aprons! and they are cute!



Search Amazon.com for martha washington

9 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

So now it's the loooong Summer holidays for you guys, have fun!

I am back to blogging with a new URL and an explanation why I changed it.

Love pretty dishes, I always scour second hand shops for them.

Kristina P. said...

I love those dishes! So pretty. They would be perfect for a tea party too.

someplace in thyme said...

You have been so busy having lots of fun. The dishes are very pretty and love that pattern. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Amo said...

Root beer floats are soooo good! Now I am craving one! I hope you guys have a great summer!

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Cailin thank you soo much for mentioning me on your pink saturday blog..I feel really special! And I'm really not, I'm just 'me'.

Your pinks are lovely, I can never get enough of pretty vintage dishes..I just wish I had the storage for them!

Have a wonderful week, I am going to become a follower!
hugs
Barb

Lottie said...

Beautiful dishes! Happy Pink Saturday!
Lottie

Cheryl said...

What a nice way to start the summer vacation, with root beer floats. It could be a tradition.

I love those dishes. They really are pretty and do evoke special feelings. I hope you end up getting them. I love special, unique dishes and I love finding them at different places. They can make a home so special.

Happy Pink Saturday!!! I enjoy your pink, so much.
Here's to the start of a Happy Summer.

XXXXXXX

Pat said...

I saw "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" last weekend. The book was better than the movie, in MHO

Becky said...

Don't you just love running across dishes like that? Happy Pink Saturday!