Thursday, June 3, 2010

Virtual Window Shopping

I was brain dead last night (like ust about every night around here) and went "shopping."  When I was little we lived in Las Vegas.  My mom would take us to the malls in the summer to walk around and "window shop."  We wouldn't buy anything, we'd just look.  I think she'd store up images of what was fashionable or new and then go make it or find it at a thrift store.  Anyway, it is a habit.  I love window shopping...
Last night I found a few fun sites:
this Etsy site (I ADORE etsy) with Chanel buttons refashioned into jewelry...


the artist is "speedster310" and her stuff is cool.  Where does she find all these buttons???

Rice and Beans Vintage was another virtual shop where I spent a ton of time drooling...   Yes.  I have a thing for designer pieces and vintage pieces.  I don't own any.  I know very little about them.  But I am intrigued.  Maybe in my next life I'll deal in vintage designer fashion accessories.  I really like accessories...

3 comments:

Cellar Door said...

My dad and I used to window shop a lot, too. We used to split up at a certain point, where there was an electronics store next door to a book store. I went with the books, he went to the electronics. It was a good time had by all.

Kristina P. said...

Oooh, that is such a great idea with the Chanel button.

Melissa said...

I could spend hours browsing through Etsy shops. I don't ever buy anything, but it's sooooooo addicting to look at all the amazing creations and works of art!