Monday, July 5, 2010

Blue Monday - under the wire

It is 9:30 ESt so this is really pushing it but...

Last night, 4th of July night, I was hit with a sinus (?) headache and crashed early.  Well I tried to... my 3 year old was tucked into bed and my husband had left the house with everybody else to catch the 9:30 fireworks that Busch Gardens was setting off.
One of the bestest benefits of living in my neighborhood is that if you drive to one of the golf courses you get the best view of Busch Gardens 4th of July fireworks!
Well apparently this wasn't quite good enough for my crowd.  I had forgotten that last year coming home from Hilton Head Tim not only stocked up on gas at the gas station but also on small explosive devices... and so after the big show he and his friend Derek and all of our kids were at the top of my driveway setting these babies off.  The favorites are the tanks.  Apparently they set off one final one that my husband called a "mortar" and as it was exploding he was scooping up incriminating evidence and hollering at the kids to run into the house.  Apparently so was Derek.  And so the door opened and slammed and screaming, hollering, kids came flying inside and then down into the basement.
This morning I learned that my husband and his buddy were worried the police were going to show up.  That last one was both high and loud.  Uh-huh.
So guess where they all are tonight?
On "the hill" in the neighborhood watching the fireworks.  Because guess what?  Busch Gardens is doing fireworks nightly until the end of August!

In case you are headed to Williamsburg:

Now through August 22, Busch Gardens Williamsburg is hosting "IllumiNights, a night-time celebration featuring fireworks, live entertainments, and special effects throughout the park. And its absolutely free with admission.

and from the Daily PressBusch Gardens 'IllumiNights'will make up for the heat of the day with a splashy nighttime lineup. The park-wide event adds a parade, large-scale puppet shows and fireworks to its program evenings from now through Aug. 22.


I'm linking up with Smiling Sally and friends for Blue Monday.  And tomorrow when it is light outside, I'll add the photos I need to take...

Tuesday Morning Addition: incriminating evidence by the back door

I promise I had nothing to do with it *really!*

The boys like the tanks the best:

6 comments:

Dena E's Blog said...

Hope you have gotten caught up today..What a lot of energy you must have and to post for HBM too.
Sounds like you are right by the excitement Sweetie.
Happy Blue Monday
Blessings and Hugs Dena

Cheryl said...

I bet the fireworks show is amazing, the one done by the Professionals, I mean. How nice you can see them, for the whole summer. Or maybe not? I hope your headache is better.

I'm interested in what Blue Monday is all about. I'll have to check it out.

Take care and feel better.
XXXXX

FoxyMoron said...

Nothing like being married to a naughty boy, love it!

Mary said...

I really enjoyed your post and your touches of blue are just perfect for Blue Monday. Another few days and you won't have to worry about fireworks - till next year anyway :-). You asked about pearl sugar. It is a coarse sugar you probably can find in the cake mix aisle of the grocery store. The sugar is about the size of be-be's. If you cant find it chop up some sugar cubes. It's sole purpose is decorative. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

Marice said...

hope you are feeling better now! sorry for the late visit!

Momma Such said...

Wow, nightly fireworks...how fun! :)