Saturday, July 3, 2010

Pink Saturday & 4th of July Weekend!

It is Pink Saturday and I'm caught flat footed!  I took 4 of the kids into Colonial Williamsburg and got the best photo of M-Lyons walking down the street in an oversized pink backpack with an oversized pink hat on her head and it seems my husband has borrowed (his) camera to take with him to the Neighborhood 4th of July Parade which is today (?go figure?) M-Lyons, Bitsy and I are headed to a birthday instead.

Birthdays trump everything else in my house.

And so I will save those photos for another Saturday, and I leave you with a photo from the airshow last year.  Happy Independence Day America!  I am grateful to be a part of this country.  We have our faults to be sure, but we on our good days we are one heck of a cool country.

And to the men & women who started it back in the 1700s and those who have continued to serve throught the years knowing that "Freedom isn't Free" I thank you.  I really and truly thank you.


4:45 pm update: here they are, those Pink Saturday photos I'd had in mind for today...


pink backpack & pink hat in Colonial Williamsburg



when we reached the little open air market she asked if she might trade my pink hat for one of her own with pretty pink ribbons


9 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

Happy 4th of July!

Love that second photo of M.Lyons, that hat is so cute.

dogsmom said...

Very cute. I am glad your camera arrived in time.
The beginning of your post sounds much like what I am posting tomorrow. Remember those who sacrifice so we can enjoy our freedoms.
Yes, the pink bunny is mine - a thrifty find. You are quite welcome to use him if you wish.
I have a feeling he'll show up again in posts.

The Knitwit Knitter said...

Happy Pink Saturday!! Those photos of you daughter are very cute!!

Pink Paper Rose said...

Happy 4Th of July! My husband and I use to spend every 4Th in Williamsburg, loved it! Your daughter looks adorable!
(((hugs)))
Karen

Dogmom Diva said...

Hi Cailin, thanks for stopping by yesterday, and love your little one with her pinks! A future Pinkie!..the airshow pic is neat, we went to an airshow years ago at Edwards AFB in CA..it was so cool..

Have a blessed 4th!
Barb

Marydon said...

Adorable pics of the little Miss.

If you would ever like a change from the commercial amusement parks, where people THANK YOU & GREET you throughout the whole day, where the park is spotless, serene, fun, welcoming, scenic & as big as all the others ... but 75% cheaper for the rides & food & games, etc ... go to Knoebel's Amusement Park in upper PA ... exquisite scenic drive. You can camp there even ... if you do go, eat at Jay's in Sunbury, excellent down home cooking & great service.

Have a beautiful Independence Day ... & TY for popping over.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, how darling she is, and how much fun to be in Willamsburg!!! Neat!

Hope you and yours had a fabulous Fourth! Just saw the most spectacular fireworks display and didn't have to leave the house. The joys of being downtown in an historic town. I will say that the finale rocked the ground.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kimberly said...

Enjoy your 4th. What a cute photo.

fiberdoodles said...

What a fun place to go! Wishing you a belated Happy Pink Saturday and I hope you had a wonderful 4th ;0)