Thursday, July 15, 2010

Promise she won't be like this for ever...

It is the summer of the three year old terror.  TERROR.
She has today... tried to catch the birds twice, run out in the road, found a large knife and attempted to cut herself watermelon while on a tipsy kitchen stool, taken off in the parking lot and tried to get squahed by a truck, howled while walking home because I had a death grip on her hand after the above two incidents, peed in the kitchen?!?, pooped in the kitchen ?!?!?!?!?! and just now thrown her sister's swim goggles into the toilet.  It is only noon.

I cannot even begin to describe the last few weeks with this child.

We have been moving bedrooms around.  The crib is disassembled.  I dearly want it back.  I sympathize with so called monsters who lock children in closets.  I really do.

2 comments:

Cellar Door said...

Oh, my oh my oh my. Hang in there!

Frolicking Night Owl said...

Sounds like a certain 3 yr old at my house! Can not figure out the problem with putting the poop in the potty! Thanks for the comment on my blog. BTW, I DREAM of living in Williamsburg!! If you know of any dentists wanting to sell their practice, please send them our way! :)