Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Red Rock Canyon, Las Vegas NV


Driving to the quarry trail head, Red Rock Canyon.  Las Vegas Nevada.

This post is linked to OUT DOOR WEDNESDAY at A Southern Daydreamer

I have some of the best childhood memories of scrambling over red rock in red rock canyon.  While we were out there for the TechEd last week we spent a free day hiking one of the trails.  I didn't know there used to be a quarry there.  I have photos on the quarry rocks but those are on the other camera and I haven't downloaded them yet.  I am impressed with the people keeping up the park, they are doing a good job on the trails and visitors are doing a good job respecting the boundaries.  I was hoping we'd see some wild sheep but we didn't.  A storm rolled in on our way out, dark skies and rain with the occasional roll of thunder.  It was really beautiful.

8 comments:

LV said...

I have been through this area many times. I always enjoyed it and seeing so many different rock formations. It is a most interesting place.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Cailin Marie, I have always wanted to visit and tour the West. My trips there have only been brief (for meetings) with no time to tour. Seeing sights like this and the Grand Canyon, among others, are high on my list! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Happy Outdoor Wed.!

XO,

Sheila :-)

cherry said...

Happy Outdoor Wednesday I would love to see this in person one day. Thank you for sharing
hugs from Savannah, Cherry

Olive Cooper said...

Hi Calin Marie, the red rock is truly magnificient. I have never been West but we are planning to visit next summer.

Debbie said...

What a beautiful part of our country. I so hope to visit it one day.

hip-chick said...

I have never been to that part of the country but have always been curious about it. It's so different than here in New England.

Donnie said...

That is a lovely photo. So different from all the pretty fall leaves. I'm glad I got to see it. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Kristin said...

It looks like an incredible place to visit! I really want to explore the west more!