Thursday, October 14, 2010

SUGAR!

So I've been tracking what I've been eating with caloriecountabout.com a website a friend of mine, Chris Hochman, told me about.  Chris is a personal trainer and looks fabulous!  So the first time I used the site, about 2 years ago, I was flabbergasted to see how much FAT I ate daily.  And I actually lost a bit of weight by simply paying attention to that one little detail.  Recently I've been frustrated with my inability to wear my clothes comfortably or at all in some cases and so I've been tracking again.

SUGAR!

Oh my goodness I am eating a TON of sugar!
It is 11:56 AM and I have eaten TWICE the daily allotment of sugar.
Where is it all?  In prepared foods and in milk.  Milk.  Go figure.  Plain old skim milk has 12.5 grams of sugar in it and I'm supposed to eat 35g a day.  One cup of milk is nearly 1/2 of my sugar.  Add cereal (oh my!) and a grapefruit and an apple and I'm a gonner.  I hate having to watch sugar.  I went on a Candida diet when I was 25 to get internal yeasts and psoriasis under control.  It is really hard.  You have cravings.  I get mean.  It is hard.  And yet - here I am staring at my sugar intake.  Ugh.

2 comments:

Marydon said...

G'morn, Cailinmarie ~ Yup! That delicious little sweet treasure is tucked into everything! Pat on the back for your ability to be aware 7 conscientious about your intakes.

I always say I am going to watch it & then I run across a box of See's chocolates or Reese's pb delicioso treats ... so much for that effort.
Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

FoxyMoron said...

That is why the Weight Watchers point system was so good back in the day. It calculated all that stuff for you.
We worry so much about our fat intake but often forget the sugar. I lost a heap when I just stopped drinking wine!