Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sniffles! Bah!

Am awake at nearly 2 AM with the sniffles this morning.  I was hoping for a hot cider with bourbon but we've finished the cider - so its hot chocolate and bourbon.  Tim has this lovely bottle he bought - has a horse on it and its pretty.  I am sure you are not supposed to choose your bourbon based on the bottle design but I hope he sticks with this one 'cause I could collect the bottles.  I do think it is amazing that on the label they hand write in: the date the bourbon was "dumped" and what barrel it was dumped from, which warehouse it was stored in and it says "on Rick No 47" What is a "Rick"?
Anyway - I can't drink bourbon straight - Tim does which amazes me cause he doesn't usually drink whiskey straight or scotch- but it tastes good in a hot drink over a sore throat!

So before bed we downloaded "The Gladiator" on itv.  Tim had it on DVD for years and watched it many times.  I thinks this is the first time I've made it all the way through.  I asked him why he liked it so much, "because {in this movie} the gladiator represents someone who understands loyalty, strength and truth" he answered.

We recently downloaded Robin Hood with Russell Crowe.  I'm a late Russell Crowe fan.  I wasn't before, I haven't even seen Cinderella Man, but I love Robin Hood.  I've watched it 3 times!  I find his ability to portray "reluctant heroes" interesting and I love watching him ride.  I'm no horse woman {I took lessons for a brief time in Germany} but there is something about his seat that just looks like he has spent a good part of his life on the back of a horse.  It makes me want to find a stable -

No comments: