Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gerald Dickens, "A Christmas Carol"

Wednesday I had the most extraordinary experience.  My mother in law invited me to the Williamsburg Inn for Tea and a performance of "A Christmas Carol."

Mr. Gerald Dickens created a one man show - in which he performs "A Christmas Carol" by his great grandfather Charles Dickens.  When my mother in law tried to explain the performance (this was her second opportunity to see Mr. Dickens) I thought perhaps the gentleman would read excerpts or something.  No no no.  I've googled Mr. Dickens and although I cannot find a resume or portfolio of works I am quite sure he is a well trained theater actor.

- it was a fabulous experience.  He is amazing.  He did such a wonderful job and so very convincingly portrays each character.  And then Tea at the Inn!  The Williamsburg Inn is a five star historical establishment.  It was really over the top-

His performance schedule is listed at his website geralddickens.com under events

He also has audio recordings of  A Christmas Carol available through audible.com.

4 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Sounds so charming, a tea and a play! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Marydon said...

What a grand day! So glad you both had a wonderful day together.

DO YOU LIVE IN VA? I am in Md.

Have a beautiful winter's day ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

PS Stay in touch the next couple of days ... fun giveaway coming up.

delia hornbook said...

Sounds lovely and you can't beat a little bit of Charles Dickens especaily at Christmas ;-)) Dee x

Skye said...

http://realmomreviews.blogspot.com/
Following your blog! Please follow back!
If you could follow me on Facebook, that would be awesome too!!
http://www.facebook.com/RealMomReviews
Thanks for your time!
Skye