Monday, December 6, 2010

Old Fashioned Customer Service

So there is a very cute little boutique in Williamsburg called "The Carousel" and they sell very nice children's clothes.  I especially like their shoes.

Among other styles they carry old fasioned double buckle school shoes by Footmates.  They remind me of kind I used to wear that my mom bought at Stride Rite- Stride Rite is about an hour away from me though and this place is just around the corner.  I bought M-Lyons a pair a navy blue ones to go with her school uniform.  Even though we attend public schools, our elementary school has a "uniform" dress code: navy or kakhi pants or skirts and a collared shirt in white, blue or red.  Unfortunately she broke one of the buckles when she was running outside.  I had a look at it and couldn't quite figure how she'd done it.

So I took them into the store and asked whether the shoe manufacturer had any kind of guarantee on the shoe.  The saleswoman at the Carousel told me they'd send them back for me.  A week later a pair of bright spanking new replacement shoes arrived at the store for pick up.  How cool is that?


I'm linking this to Smiling Sally's Blue Monday

I tried to find a link for footmates - a google search will return a long list of retailers carrying footmates but I didn't see a link to the company itself.  I even tried footmates.com and that took me to a retailer!!!

14 comments:

jlshall said...

Those are great shoes. And they also remind me of the shoes I wore as a kid. Actually, I have a pair right now that look very similar (not by Footmates, though!).

Happy Blue Monday!
~ Joy @Joysweb

Amiko said...

What a lovely shoes ;-)

Happy Blue Monday!

Auntie E said...

Nice shoes
Happy blue Monday

chubskulit said...

Awww that was nice of them! Lovely shoes.

I just became your follower.

My Blue Monday is Santa's Secret Shop

SmilingSally said...

I don't see too many navy shoes. They are so much prettier than plain old black.

Happy Blue Monday, CailinMarie

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

How nice of the company to send you a replacement pair! I love little navy blue shoes and used to have the hardest time finding them for my daughter. She's 20 now. Enjoy the moments.
I'm your newest follower and would be delighted to have you follow me back.
Have a wonderful blue Monday!
tammy@ www.beatricebanks.blogspot.com

LV said...

Glad you found just the right shade of blue for the little shoes today.

Jingle said...

lovely shoe.
enjoyed the blue in it.

NatureFootstep said...

I am always stunned when these kind ot things actually works nowadays. Too often you are just turned down. Glad it worked, the shoe is pretty.

Donnie said...

I think it's great the children wear uniforms. I did for 4 years in one school and it sure took less time to dress. Great blue post.

Dena E's Blog said...

LOVE your header and Thanks for the BLUE Monday visit too.
Blessings to you from our Sweet Lord in this beautiful season and those to come...Hugs Dena

delia hornbook said...

those are lovely and similar to a shoe shop we have here called Clarks they offer great service to and it really does make all the difference. Have a lovely day. Dee x

Eden said...

Lovely shoes. Love the colour

thanks for the visit

Outsource Call Center said...

Cool! "Old Fashioned Customer Service" was so interesting! I enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for sharing.

-fern-