Wednesday, September 21, 2011

At the Marina

I like painting at the marina.  It is peaceful.  My dog can play in the water.  Kids can play in the sand (and the water but ugh, the river really is dirty.)  And it is pretty.

Today I dropped Bitsy off at preschool and grabbed some paint, and the dog, and we had an almost two year old with us, and went to the Marina hoping to get in an hour and a half before returning to pick up Bitsy.

I have never seen such a two year.  He did not play in the sand.  He did not throw shells into the water.  He did not run into the water to play.  He stood by me, slowly getting more and more frustrated that I was doing something.  I was slowly getting more and more frustrated that he was not doing something.  And I insisted that I was going to paint.  For an hour.

I should have brought pastels, I was having the hardest time pushing my way into a painting frame of mind.

But I did stick it out and came up with this:




And down there, just about center on the bottom, is the little guy.  He finally decided to play in the water as I was finishing up.

I'm going to link this up with Outdoor Wednesday by a Southern Daydreamer

5 comments:

Jo said...

Love your painting.
Love anything to do with water,sometimes I wish I had a cottage on the water,maybe one day.
~Jo @ LazyonLoblolly

Riet said...

What a lovely painting. Thank you for sharing

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

WOW girl you are talented indeed. Your painting is beautiful~

jeanne said...

I love your art and the impressionist way you paint. Quite an accomplishment with a pup to keep your eye on for that hour. Our pup, a small poodle, always sticks to us like glue. Smile.
Hugs, Jeanne

Lui said...

This is pretty. You should try to link it with PaintPartyFriday. (paintpartyfirday.blogspot.com) I really should too. I hope to do some painting on my own. I only get to draw and paint with kids on my workshops!

Check them on my studio on my sidebars. Btw, my dog Sweepy wants to see your dog too. ;-)