Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pink Saturday - Tulip Garden for Angela

some time ago I decided to use Pink Saturday as a personal challenge to work on small collages.  Why small collages, because it is a quick medium, easy to clean up, doesn't involve exposing my kids to any toxic materials and recycles the amazing number of catalogs that we receive.

It is cold and rainy out today, fall is moving in, but I was thinking of my friend Angela from college and she loved hot pink tulips.

not quite done, trying to decide where to go next

pink tulips & butterflies





Angela, I hope you are having a great weekend, "visualize whirled peas!" and long live Kermit the Frog.

you are invited to visit Pink Saturday, with Beverly at How Sweet the Sound.



6 comments:

Connie said...

Well, Happy Pink Saturday, honey, and guess what?! I met my hubby in Yorktown and we used to date going to the movies in Williamsburg. I remember the Parkway WELL. It was our parking spot to smooch. LOL But 50+ years later we're here in Idaho.

Nice to meet you.

xoxo,
Connie

Riet said...

That looks lovely. I love tulips and butterflies. Happy pink Saturday

Terri said...

Hey CailynMarie -- How's VA? A little more cheerful with you. I know you are a great mom I can tell. And what it is about collages or art journals that get us so "happily" motivated even to do other things. So Kudos to you as you inspire and show us on Pink Saturdays, looking forward to seeing more -- you are after my heart. Terri www.morningdewdrops.typepad.com

Lorraine said...

What a lovely collage, such happy colors! Happy Pink Saturday!

Lorraine said...

Hi CailinMarie--thanks for visiting. To answer your question about my photo effects, I use "masks" from DesignerDigitals.com in my Photoshop/Paintshop program. It's pretty fun! Happy PS!

Lui said...

Yes I agree.
I design art projects for kids and recyclables are my favorites.

Creativity is always beyond medium.
Your kids are blessed to have such a creative Mom.