Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Magnetic Nail Polish

Vogue, October 2011
Okay, I just spent 5 minutes on google trying "Vogue Nail Polish" "Vogue Laws of Attraction" "Vogue Magnetic Nail Polish" and can't find a link to this article and so... go find a magazine.

I love this image.  I love the metallic nails and all the big bracelets (not so much the fork and the key stuck to the magnet but for photography purposes, yes, they work)

This photo prompted a wonderful discussion with my 13 year old daughter.  Am I too old to wear metallic nail polish and enough metal to protect my arm from being blistered by a bow (as in bow and arrow) not that I am likely to shoot one any time soon.  And my daughter answered, "do it mom! it would be so cool!"

And randomly the topic came up again with MY mom, who is actually pretty young, she turns 60 in the coming months.  And she looked at me and said "really?  your self image is old?"

Which made me feel silly, but um yeah.  I feel pretty old.  I mean, I'm 40 in 2 months.  And I'm exhausted - and frumpy.  Which is why I get Vogue to begin with.  It pushes me out of my "stained t-shirt and dirty jeans" mode and forces me to do my hair and have my face waxed and dig until I find a clean, if wrinkled, t shirt.

And so - I have googled "trafalgar square nails inc use" and it seems Amazon sells it.  YES! And I admit, $16 nail polish is likely a lot less than 6 inches worth of bracelets- but I'm going to feel so snazzy!

2 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

Caillin!!! I would wear it and I have quite a few years on you. Might just get me some of that stuff too. :)

LilyLand said...

I think you are a hot supermom (with really cool nails)!!