Friday, October 14, 2011

Pink Post Card Collages

Pink Saturdays...
I have been trying. Really.  I have.
Today is Sunday the 9th, and yesterday I was driving Tiger to Richmond to play in a tournament.  I was up at 6:30 to get him, Bitsy and Little Hawk into the car... we had a 9:10 game which mean we need to be on the field at 8:30 for warm ups... and then we had a 3:30 game so we got home late-ish though while Bitsy and Little Hawk were in the bath I did do some collage work.  Actually Friday during the day I tried to do some collage work with Bitsy but didn't finish...

So I"m posting them here, a week later, and they aren't much.  I have to say... I have these ideas about Gaia (I've been reading Riodan again) and although my Gaia is more the yoga one instead of the evil earth/dirt mound that he describes, I can't quite get her to sit still and show up on the page.



instead I ended up being seduced by paint:


do you see the circles of glossy paint?  the rich out of the can color and the glossy ness of it, its like brand new lipstick, or nail polish... if I didn't have to worry about a kids budget my entire bathroom would be full of brand new lipsticks and nail polishes, I love the richness...

instead the sand pulled me in the direction of sand castles and fairy tales and little girl's day dreams... the little bottles say "believe" and "fairy dust" how sweet!

last week I tried to pull off a little collage and found myself wrapped up in images from the west elm catalog...


how wonderfully cozy is that? ahh... one day I shall have a house with a room full of books and comfy reading spots and fabulous tea cups...

I am linking this to Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound



3 comments:

chubskulit said...

Gorgeous!

Please come see my Pink, when you get a chance. Happy weekend!

Tricia said...

These are wonderful collages! I love your commentary - so true how life happens and we don't get time to do the things we plan - we just have to grab the moments when we can! Great projects! Happy PS!
Blessings,
Tricia

LV said...

A most interesting assortment of pinks.