Saturday, November 26, 2011

Abundance, and Pink Peacock


Some time ago I tried to use Pink Saturday as a means to challenge myself to pink collages.  And for a short time I really did try to get at least one out there once a week, and then of course life took over.  And some of that is that there is always so much to do, and my husband doesn't understand my need to "make a mess" before I get about the job of cleaning.  He isn't a jerk or anti art, he just doesn't get it.  And there is always so much to do.  But this morning he is away looking at property in Wintergreen VA (yes!) and so I am playing.

I've been thinking a lot the last few weeks about "abundance"
and living with abundance and living in abundance

And I think it is about focus.  Because I know people who have so much and they feel that they need so much more.  And then I remember being 18 years old, on a church trip to Haiti.  There were people in the street, standing in the foulest smelling mud I have ever smelled, rejoicing because they were blessed.  They were blessed to have a job and they were grateful, they were blessed to have health and they were grateful, they were blessed to have children and they were grateful.  I learned a lot on that trip.  I find that I allow myself to be refocused, to need, to want, to feel desperately that I have to try harder, work harder, have better... and really I just need to live in my blessings and be grateful.

And so, I am attempting to focus daily, to live in my blessings.

And I wonder, what does abundance mean to you?



6 comments:

chubskulit said...

That's a beauty!

Pink Accessories

Dani Cristin said...

Oh!Que linda escolha para Pink saturday!
Adorei isso.
Beijos do Brasil.

Shelia said...

This is so pretty! Thank you so much for popping in to see me and be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

jennspeacornpopnuts.com said...

Happy Pink Saturday. I think I saw you over on Rhissana's Fairy (pink post). Hey. I'm still recovering from rhyming!
That's some pink collage you have there! Wow!
I read your profile and cast of characters. You've got a full plate . . . of blessings. Much abundance there!
Abundance. It's something to consider. Sometimes we just don't get it when we have it, do we?
Thanks-giving.
Enjoyed my visit. Take care! Jenn

JJ said...

Abundance to me means what I have. Happy Thanksgiving season.

♥ Miss Tea said...

what a beautiful art! love it! my hubby is almost the same, that's why i tend to do all my messy job ie crafting and housechores when he's at work, it's a no no on the weekend where he's at home, i'm not complaining as i like it that way too, no distraction. Truly a beautiful Pink Saturday post! Thanks for dropping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.

Blessings,
Susan