Saturday, December 10, 2011

Packing Up

Well, yesterday Tiger sprained his knee.  So Tiger, Bitsy and the Little Hawk and I are all hanging out in the condo.  I'm letting the T.V. run with Play House Disney so I can catch up with my blog land buddies and then its off to laundry and packing.  It will be another 3 AM departure tomorrow.
(ugh)

Tiger getting X-Rayed
He got to come down in the sled with Ski Patrol.  Yeesh.  He said that was really fun.  I wish I knew the name of the guys who brought him down.  The x-ray didn't show any damage so the doctor decided he just sprained it good.  He can't take weight on it, so he isn't skiing today.  Bummer.

MLyons and Bitsy running around Copper Mtn
It has been a fun trip.  Since Alan (one of the coaches) signed my kids into ski school and day care using his connections, Day Care was 1/2 what I expected.  So I got to ski; Sat, Mon, Tues, and Thurs.  Totally rocked.  I skied with Shaun Goodwin who now owns Hope Alive Media (look it up and consider supporting the US Ski Team with Out of Bounds) but he used to coach the US Women's Ski Team. (no kidding.  I skied with him!)  So he gave me a couple of things to think about, I have a habit I need to change which will take time but once I get it I'll have way better control of my turns.  Which means I should be able to edge my turns but stay on course, which has been a bit of challenge.  I'm a great groomed steep skier, stick me on a course or in bumps or trees where I am told where to turn and I loose my confidence and my control.

With the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Bear.  Bitsy is such the little poser.
Since I had Day Care at such a good rate Bitsy went to ski school a couple of extra days.  That is crazy pricey but at the end of the week she was skiing green runs no problem and they said she was ready to take on some blues.  Her turns were under control, she can make big, little and medium size turns, she can control her speed, get her skis on and off by herself and get up when she falls down.  She is too short to be able to get onto a lift by herself for, like, ever (!) but that isn't her fault.


If only my skiing and Bitsy's skiing improved, I am thinking its been a successful trip west.  But you should see my racers.  They look awesome.  Hopefully when we get home the temperature will be a bit more wintery and Wintergreen Resort can kick in the snow making.
 

3 comments:

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

So sorry to hear about the knee. Otherwise it sounds like a wonderful time. I enjoyed the photos.

Thanks so much for stopping by the Back Porch.

delia hornbook said...

So sorry to read about little tiger i hope he is up and running again real soon. Looks like you are all having a fun trip though. Have a lovely xmas if i don't get a chance to pop by before then, dee x

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

I learned to ski at Wintergreen (if you can call what I did skiing).....the icy slopes of Wintergreen! We started the boys when they were just little tykes and it wasn't long before they were zipping down the slopes. I, however, just got worse and worse and finally just regulated myself to staying in the townhouse and making the chili and hot toddies. :)