Sunday, January 1, 2012

Coming Clean

May 1 2010

I will be posting this way later than the date due to unusual circumstances-

I'm a bit of a stress case lately, something I usually try to hide from my bloggy friends as I don't usually find it fun to read the rants. I mean, unless it is a particularly funny occasion and in that case - fire away. I love a good laugh. But anyway. In March, March 16th 2010, to be exact, we received a phone call from Colleen at Children's Home Society and Family Services. Due to unusual circumstances, a baby had been "flagged" if you will with our name. Because of the circumstances, we got first call. Now, just to be clear, we weren't looking for another baby. My sons always talk about that hypothetical little brother they've always wanted and he is just that, hypothetical. Bitsy just worked out all the big kid stuff on the toilet and I'm delighted to be done with the diaper bag, and the high chair, and to have flexibility over food and drink choices and so on...
I stood on the phone trying to talk to this woman but unable to- I couldn't breathe. Oh My! We have a BABY!!!
So. We've been in application process. We are almost done. It is killing me to have them call me, offer me this child, and then tell me I still have to be approved. AUGH!
And due to circumstances that have absolutely nothing to do with this baby, I can't even blog about it. So there you have it, my big secret.
Ahhhhhhhh

3 comments:

Marydon said...

What a beautiful share ... dancing on clouds I am sure. God bless you all.

May your New Year bring many more joys & blessings.

TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Farmchick said...

Congrats and I do hope things work out!

FoxyMoron said...

Yay!!! So glad you shared on here and so, so happy for all of you.
You just made my day. :)