Friday, January 20, 2012

Pink Birthdays

My "MLyons" turned 7 at the beginning of the month


I bought flowers to decorate for her birthday and told my boys, "when you are at an age where it matters you need to remember: girls should always have flowers on their birthday. That shouldn't be their present, but you should always try to have flowers, even if you have to pick dandelions on the roadside." which is true.

MLyons took them up to her room after her birthday dinner and kept them by her bed.  I rescued the Italian Rooster pitcher I use as a vase as soon as I'd taken that photo.  My brother bought it for me years ago.

sparkly pink birthday shoes


I posted about my 40th birthday a few weeks ago, and I said one of the presents from my mother was a collection (8) of plates

and here they are:

and on the back they say this:

okay, that is upside down... it says: W (little M) Guerin & Co Limoges, France for Dulin & Martin

they are lovely and I've tried to google them to get an idea of age but I cannot find them.
Perhaps some of you vintage, antique loving gals can help me out?

Linking to Pink Saturday

5 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

What a lovely thing to tell your sons. Hope she had a great birthday.

Pat's Pink Apron said...

I love the rooster pitcher I have one similar to it. Your plate is gorgeous. Lovely birthday. Pat

chubskulit said...

Beautiful pink!

My PINK is inviting you to come and see. Have a nice weekend!

1CardCreator said...

Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

I love the birthday shows! I'm sure the day was special! The plates are gorgeous! The mark generically dates them between 1891 and 1932. But to perhaps narrow that down, see if you can locate when the shopkeeper or distributor, Dulin & Martin was in business. That sometimes helps. A treasure and a wonderful gift! Happy PS!
Cheers
R