Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Up-cycling furniture - preschool project

The preschool project

as part of a school fundraising auction, the auction committee is offering "class crafts" in which we take older, donated, furniture and "personalize it" often with finger prints

This is what I have been given to work with:

I *love* this rocker and I sorely want to keep it myself

this is actually a well made stool, but that red paint...
somebody started sanding the top but the legs are a bit messy

and then this little rocker which isn't quite as nice as the first but it'll do
and a table that my husband has hidden from me. really, I can't find it.

2 comments:

FoxyMoron said...

What fun! I can't wait to see what you do with these pieces. I love that rocker too, maybe you can just whack on a coat of varnish then bid on it then do it up how you want it when you win it.

Marydon said...

What a fabulous idea. You will enjoy doing this. That rocker is really nice.
Have a great eve ~
TTFN ~
Marydon