Wednesday, February 22, 2012

a little step stool, redone, and fingerprinted

Another upcycled piece for the preschool auction:

kinda beat up red step stool, but well made
So I started with something I bought at the paint store to try to take off some of the paint (you can't tell but in some parts the red paint had been applied very heavily)


Made some progress but not really enough, so I dug around the basement and found some "kills" and applied that


Not a red stool anymore.  I had some yellow interior house paint so I applied that, twice, but it wasn't covering as well as I would have liked.  And then I remember that Debbie (at Debbiedoo's) always spray paints and it always turns out.  So I went to Home Depot.


Happy Yellow.  There is just something about yellow, sure it is bright and it usually doesn't really "go" but it is such a great color.

This class is called the Beavers.  I actually thought about trying to sketch in Beavers like I did with the Squirrels but decided that was most likely not going to look right.  So I opted for Ladybugs.  You can put 'em in the kids room, in the kitchen, or in the bathroom.  I mean, who doesn't like Ladybugs?

so the kids' fingerprints are the bugs.



all done

Linked to:




5 comments:

Debbiedoo's said...

Well it usually turns out, but not always LOL. Your stool looks adorable! You have to link up to some parties so you can get yourself out there girl!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous! You are so talented.

FoxyMoron said...

Love it! Clever girl. Don't you wonder who owned the stool originally? I always think of things like that.

Carrie said...

How adorable! I love the bugs. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! Hope to see you this week as well!

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

Hello! I just popped over from Dee's blog & what a wonderful, adorable re-do! Absolutely adorable - you did great! I'm a bit of a do-it-yourselfer so I appreciate the love & care you've put into your project - especially the "fingerprints". And like Foxy, I always wonder where the treasures have been - think how many little tykes & short mommies used this. And how many more now that you've made it ready for a new life :- )
~Vickie~