Friday, February 24, 2012

Pink & Blue Bunnies

This little stool is another one of the fingerprint crafts I did for the preschool fundraising auction.


This replaced the other rocker, that I loved but didn't have the time to redo properly and really, who am I kidding? I don't know how to redo properly.

So two weeks ago I ran out and bought a wooden stool from Farm House American Crafts.  It was $50 so  I just hope it really is an American craft!  But it is sturdy and seems well made and I have a kids table I bought out there 11 or 12 years ago that is in awesome shape.



spray painted it white and then went to the "Bunny" class to collect fingerprints.

little bunnies
stacking two thumb prints one atop of the other and then adding ears is so very simply but I really love it :-) I have a small quilt that was made back when my oldest was two.  They took a hand print from each child and made autumn leaves on a tree... I pull it out every fall.  I thought this might be something that could be pulled out every spring regardless of how old the child is.

I'm going to link this too:
Smiling Sally

Seasonal Sundays


Photobucket Pin It

20 comments:

Envoy-ette said...

This is the neatest thing I've seen in ages! I want to do it for a family reunion now! So very clever!!!

Marti McClure said...

What a cute little stool! Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Teena said...

such a simple idea, but very effective and so cute! Happy Pink Saturday <3

Mama Jodi said...

Those bunnies are so cute.

delia hornbook said...

aahhh its lovely what a sweet idea with the bunnies. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment. Have a great weekend, dee x

FoxyMoron said...

How lovely I am loving the fingerprint idea.

Katherines Corner said...

so cute!!!Happy Pink Saturday, wishing you a lovely weekend filled with happy. xo Katherine P.S> Have you entered my sweetheart giveaway? Only two days left to enter :-)

1CardCreator said...

This is so cute! Happy Pink Saturday! . ~Diane (I am #21)

Carrie said...

Very cute!! You certainly have come up with some very clever ideas. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday! Have a great week!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sweetie...
Oh my goodness gracious, this little stool is just priceless. I love the way you used the two little thumbprints beside each name and added little rabbit ears. That is so darn cute. You did an awesome job, and how creative you are.

Thank you for sharing with me today. What a darling idea. You have also added a little family heirloom for generations to come.

Have a glorious weekend dear friend. Country hugs sweetie and so much love, Sherry

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

Your PINK is very pretty!
thanks for sharing...and HAppy PINk SatURday!

ciao bella.
Creative Carmelina
xo

designgivesback.com said...

Hi CailinMarie:

Just love your table! Brava!

Thanks so much for stopping over...

HPS!

Kelee

The Tablescaper said...

So sweet and creative. I'd love to have you join Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

The Tablescaper said...

So glad that you decided to become a part of Seasonal Sundays. Perhaps if you join earlier, you'll get more response.

- The Tablescaper

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

This is soooo cute! Welcome to Seasonal Sunday!

SmilingSally said...

Hi,

Please place a link to Blue Monday on your post and return to link in again to Mr. Linky. You can find the code in my sidebar.

http://smilingsally.blogspot.com

Sally

chubskulit said...

Very pretty!

Blue Curtains and Pillows. Have a great week ahead.

LV said...

You did an amazing job on that little table. It should last a long time.

The Tablescaper said...

Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Leah H. said...

So cute with the names on it:)


Visiting for Blue Monday- hope you can stop by:)

http://www.sweetposh.info/2012/02/blue-super-baby-snowsuit.html