Friday, February 10, 2012

Pink Saturday - Karen's, Churchville VA

Last weekend I drove my J3 ski racer to Snowshoe West VA.  On the way we drove through the town of Churchville, and we saw the coolest little place:

Karen's Emporium & Boutique
It so happened that one of the racer's was celebrating her 14th birthday that weekend and my daughter had been on the lookout for a present.  I quick pulled a u-turn and stopped at Karen's.  Little Hawk was asleep in the car seat so I sent K in and said "15 minutes tops."
Then I stepped out of the car and took a photo for pink saturday-


I mean really, how could I not?


and then after 20 minutes I decided I'd better go inside and find my daughter, we did need to get to our destination and preferably not too late.  My J3 Ski racer usually has an 8 AM course inspection or something.


I found her infront of this fabulous display.  Can you blame her?  She had found a wallet that was bright pink faux leather with zebra faux leather accents and was himming and hawing and I said "would you want it?" and she said "yes!" and I said, "well then I'm sure your friend will love it."  And they put it in a bag with tissue and a ribbon that said "Happy Birthday" and we continued on our merry way.  Next time I drive through Churchville I will be sure to stop by Karen's.  It is just wonderful!

I am linking this post to Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound.

9 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Sweetie...
Happy Pink Saturday. I do so love this share. How much more pink could you find in a place than this? I bet that wallet was so darn cute. Girls do so love pink.

Love the bike with the pink sign. Perfect for the Saturday occasion.

You forget to tell us how your sweet girl did in the race? Hope you have a beautiful weekend sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

Lorraine said...

That's where you would find me...what eye candy! Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Marti McClure said...

What a cute place, and who wouldn't love a zebra wallet??? Happy Valentines Day and Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Michelle said...

*sigh* I love all of that pink. How sweet. I would love to shop there.

1CardCreator said...

Looks like you found an awesome store! Happy Pink Saturday! ~Diane (I am #16)

FoxyMoron said...

That's the sort of shop I would love!

The Tablescaper said...

Looks like a great shop! Why don't you link your post to Seasonal Sundays?

- The Tablescaper

Lisa Balazs said...

What an awesome shop. I want everything on that pink table especially the Fairy tale sign. Thanks so much for sharing.

Hugs, LisaKay
Belles Roses Romantiques

JJ said...

Hello my friend. I am sorry I have not been around for a little while. I have once again embarked on a new venture. I will write about it in the future. What a crazy life. In any event, I just wanted to say hello. I am still alive and well, living in St. Augustine.