Monday, February 20, 2012

Rockin' Squirrels

So I wrote that in addition to my normal mayhem (AND it being ski season- ski season means weekends away, travel laundry, ski gear, packing, unpacking, and organizing food) I'd volunteered to help out with a fundraising project for Bitsy's preschool.  The fundraising chair decided to hold an auction (they do well around here) and she'd never done one before and she didn't have a committee and I took pity... that was back in September.

In January I received some furniture which I actually posted about here

And here is project one:

donated wooded rocker

sketched out squirrels
finished piece
thumb print bellies

I sanded the rocker enough so that the paint would hold, spray painted it an antique white, used acrylic to paint the squirrel shapes and then took it into school for finger prints.  You'll notice there is one less squirrel in the sketches, when I got to school I found out that a new student had joined the class a week ago.  I made them into squirrels because this class of preschoolers is called "the squirrel" class...
And I spray painted it with clear glossy varnish after- to protect the little finger prints as long as possible.

Pin It

4 comments:

Debbiedoo's said...

That is so adorable. I just was spray painting something and I have a very drippy can, I am not a happy sprayer right now LOL!

Marydon said...

That is too stinking cute!!! I love it, Cailinmarie. What child wouldn't fall for this beauty.
Have a wonderful week ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Michelle said...

Wonderful! That is so, very cute!

Carrie said...

What an adorable chair!! Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday! I hope you will join us again this week!