Sunday, June 24, 2012

macbook air - iphoto

So I'm a *little* frustrated with this snazzy new computer that my husband has provided me with for the road trip.  (this is not to say I am frustrated with the husband- all the negative energy is focused squarely on the computer)
my brand spankin new MacBook Air has issues with iphoto.
The message is "Your photo library is either in use by another application or has become unreadable"
I googled it and they say exactly what the error says "close iphoto and hold down the option key and the command key and reopen it.  So I do.  And I get the "Photo Library First Aid" menu where I have been instructed to choose "repair permissions" and then I am returned to the "Your photo library is either in use by another application or has become unreadable" message.
I suspect this has to do with my iphone which I have connected to my computer to use as a wireless hot spot.  I suspect it may also have to do with my first night on the road when I did blog - and was trying to move photos, which did seem to download to iphoto, into photobucket and that wasn't working and then I ran out of power.  So applications were not properly closed.  Would not closing the applications cause this problem?  I don't know.

*Wednesday June 27*
I don't remember which morning last week, but I got to playing around and decided to try accessing the library from finder (I think)
anyway, without opening iphoto directly I was able to find the album and delete it.  Deleting the album solved the problem.
So I'm not a computer wiz, and I don't remember exactly what I did, but if you are having a problem like the one I described, try deleting the album. (I still had the photos on my phone)
I then redownloaded the photos and iphoto has not given me any additional problems.

No comments: