I posted in May (more before) and June about our yard-
We returned from being away for a month and got back to work. The drain had to be dug back out and reset. And we had to rebuild parts of the back "wall."
But the Joe-Pye Weed and the Virginia Columbine are taking off and look really good. My husband and several other men have spent the past two weeks resetting the raised flower bed area and creating a side yard drain. It has held through the last several rainstorms so it looks promising...
|at the beginning of the project|
|another photo from May 2012|
|same back yard as it is currently|
|to the right of the house, we put in a long drain|
as this is where all the water from the street washes out our yard
|the back drops off rather sharply|
|I spent this past weekend planting Monarda, or Bee Balm on the slope|
hoping it takes and next year we will have lots of red flowers
|the Joe Pye Weed is looking very happy!|